Using 3D Printing to Address Tactical Challenges
Today, the aerospace industry faces multiple drivers and challenges to success. Here’s how 3D printing addresses those challenges:
- Driving down costs of flight with light-weight parts
- Utilizing rapid manufacturing technologies that are revolutionizing and accelerating the supply chain
- Validating materials, parameters and in-machine sensors for rapid quality control
- Ensuring traceability, reliability and repeatability in quality inspection technologies
Direct Metal Printing Cuts Weight and Cost
Miller 3D is proud to partner with 3D Systems to provide our aerospace clients with lightweight, high-performance components–while reducing overhead costs and optimizing efficiency.
With direct metal printing, aerospace manufacturers are able to:
- Print parts in titanium, aluminum, or steel
- Reduce weight brackets for parts by up to 70%
- Cut production time of parts in half
- Improve stiffness-to-weight ratios
Learn how aerospace manufacturer Thales Alenia used 3D Systems’ direct metal printing expertise to reduce the weight for their Telkom3S satellite, which was successfully launched into orbit on February 14, 2017.
Start Your Project
To start your 3D printing project, call us at 1-844-433-7768 or 716-652-8282, or simply fill out the form below.