Source: Confederate Motors works with 3D Systems to push limits of motorcycle design and performance | 3D Systems
There’s a moment that every industrial designer dreads: When his or her ideal design bumps up against manufacturing reality.
Confederate Motors has faced that moment many times in the past, but not recently. Its collaboration with 3D Systems On Demand Manufacturing, Quickparts, has given the bespoke motorcycle company the ability to turn even its most wildly imaginative designs into physical reality. (more…)
High Throughput 3D Printing for More Productivity – Introducing the ProJet® MJP 3600 Series
3D Systems and Miller 3D Printing are introducing the next generation of production-grade 3D printers. Explore the latest generation in the MultiJet Printing (MJP) family of 3D printers from 3D Systems, the ProJet MJP 3600 – offering high capacity and high resolution printing at exceptionally fast print speeds. The ProJet MJP 3600 Series provide enhanced productivity to a wide range of prototyping, casting, rapid tooling and end-use part production needs.
• Get more parts developed and in your hand in a shorter timeframe.
• Print at up to twice the speed of the previous generation to allow for faster and more design iterations
• Output true-to-CAD fidelity parts with the finest details, sharpest edges and exceptional smooth surface finishes to ensure product quality, performance and manufacturability
• Choose from a wide range of high performance materials from functional rigid plastics to castable wax and dental specialty materials to match your application needs
• Ability to print in USP Class VI capable, bio-compatible materials for advanced healthcare applications, including drill and cut guides for dental and medical procedures
- You can watch the new ProJet MJP 3600 in action here.